Saturday, November 6, 2010

What is your inspiration?

Today, I was reading magazines in my room when mum popped in... she started nagging at the huge stack of magazines on my table as usual... going on and on about how they are a waste of money... I tried to explain... No, they are not a waste of money... If you rely on them for the latest news on fashion, which is essentially my work... they are like textbooks to students... Yes I need to "study" them... no one would say textbooks are a waste of money ya?

Magazines and books... somehow... flipping through the images never fails to awe me... and in turn... they are behind all the ideas I have for the business...

I'm totally dependent on inspirations... Without them, I have no motivation to do anything...and so, I actively search for inspirations... they can come from anywhere, anything and anyone... I particularly like to be inspired by people... especially entrepreneurs... every one of them has something special in them... a special kind of quirk... a particular spark in their eyes... a passion for life... I love to listen to their stories... how they started out... how much they went through to get to where they are... but most of the times, people like to brush their efforts aside and label them as "lucky"... To me... this statement only reeks of sour grapes... Seriously, how can anyone think people get to where they are based on luck... then I would say... go ahead and try to get lucky then!

Sometimes, I wish everyone would be more open-minded... be awed, be amazed and be inspired by what people do... I think it could be a good thing... somehow, it becomes a powerful force... magical force...

Anyhow, I'm feeling rather uninspired now... I think I need to get out of home now... before I write more gibberish here... ;p


No comments:

Post a Comment