Monday, November 1, 2010

Habits... is it an excuse?

Today, I was having lunch at my usual hang-out... having the same sandwich and the same drink, going through my work stuff while sitting at the same spot... I admit... I'm a creature of habit for certain routines... ;)

As I was having my lunch, 2 ladies came in and they sat down at the table beside mine... and they started updating each other about each other's life. Gathering bits and pieces here and there, I could guess that 1 of them is a newly-wed... She was complaining to her friend that she could never buy shower gel and shampoo from Marks&Spencer anymore because the containers are the non-pump kind... you have to twist back the caps everytime you use it... the friend was puzzled and asked her why and she explained it's because her husband can't twist back the caps... and everytime he's done with his shower... all the bottles of shower gel and shampoo and bottle caps will be strewn all over the shelf... she was saying in such an exasperating tone... it was pretty hilarious... and of course, it went on and on to other habits which her husband claimed it's genetics! Haha...

Hmm... I believed everyone has their own quirks here and there... afterall... habits are formed since years ago... I can see why certain habits are normal to some and abnormal to the others. Each and every one of us have different life experiences and of course, we form different habits along the way... Even family members who grew up with you your entire life may not be able to live with your habits... So I can see why this lady is making such a huge fuss about the shampoos and shower gel... I bet her husband wouldn't even think twice about his shower antics...

I guess it's a matter of compromising and getting used to each other's habits? You can't really demand an immediate change ya? Hmm... easier said than done... But of course... don't use it as an excuse to get away with things... that surely doesn't cut it... ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment