Monday, November 15, 2010

My secret escapades...

Some years back, I was given the opportunity to travel because of work. In the name of doing research for business, I got to travel to Korea, Japan, Bangkok and China... It's also because of all these trips that I am introduced to the notion of travelling... trips to other countries followed... and I fell in love with it... Aiming to travel to somewhere new at least once or preferably twice a year...

Why do I like to travel? Hmm I can't pinpoint a single reason... I find it therapeutic... It's the "getting away" thrill that excites me... being far away from the real world... allowing me the excuse to dream... leaving all the troubles behind... sitting on the plane, you are kind of forced to not do anything but relax... In a foreign country, there's always something new to look at... something to marvel at... simply because things function differently... a refreshing learning experience every time... Besides being an eye-opener, I feel it gives you a brand new perspective as well... Not sure how that happens, it just does...

Do you look forward to travelling? I believe everyone does to a certain extent... and no one will mind more of it if time and budget allows... My point is I don't like it only as an afterthought, something you do only when you have the spare cash and free time... I like it to be part of my life... a motivation for me to work towards and make time for... and most importantly, a source of inspiration...

Yes, I'm feeling dreadful now... haven't been seeing the world as much as I like to... and the withdrawal symptoms are getting to me...With the year ending soon and no travel plans made scares me... Luckily, I can seek a little comfort in my business trips... I shall take on more buying roles and also try to influence my partner to start bringing in merchandise from other countries... perhaps somewhere non-Asian?

No comments:

Post a Comment