Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The independent woman

Independence is really a double-edged sword...

On one hand, it totally empowers you... you take charge of your own life, totally capable of surviving on your own and can make any decision that needs to be made...

But, sometimes... it really takes a toll... times when you need some comfort, no one really asks... because they are used to you being able to take control of everything... times when you want to be dependent, no one wants to lend a helping hand because they didn't think you would need help... times when you just want to take the passenger seat, there is no one to offer a ride because they are used to you driving yourself everyday...

Sometimes I love how I can do everything on my own... sometimes I really miss being pampered and taken care of... Sad to say... I guess every girl still dreams of being treated like a princess in their hearts... no matter how independent or successful they are...


No comments:

Post a Comment