Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love

This movie is all the rage now... alot of bad reviews for it... lengthy, boring, uninspiring....

Hmm I would say, compared to the book, the movie definitely did not do the author justice... The movie was ok. Julia Roberts is one of my favourite actresses, so I guess I'm abit biased here... She acted well... a charming character but the whole story pretty much focused on the ramblings and complaints of a 30-something divorcee... It is indeed not very inspirational...

After watching the movie, I went back and started reading my book again... I had started reading it awhile ago during a relaxing trip... but after returning to Singapore, I hadn't been able to find time to read again... I was halfway through it... and from memory, it was a really good read... because the author is able to give insights to many common womanly issues as well as inspirational thoughts...

I remember this from her book very vividly... "You can never see your own reflection in running water, only in still water"... I know this is just common sense... but how many people can really achieve this? We go through our daily episodes in a jiffy... every day rushes by with errands to run, deadlines to meet... we often let our lives rushed by without taking a breather... without any thoughts and reflections... and without these, I find that you don't get to see yourself clearly... you don't learn anything from your life...and it becomes pretty much meaningless... so, sometimes... taking time off during the weekend would be good to see things in perspective and do some soul-searching... and fyi, sleeping doesn't count!

In all fairness, I think the book is really a good read... the movie... hmm... just treat it as a weekend entertainment and it is really not that bad... ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment