Sunday, January 16, 2011

Feels like school again...


For a long while, I haven't been to social gatherings... I like my privacy and I pretty much don't like people I'm not so close to knowing too much things about me... mostly I only share when I'm with my close friends... quiet in big groups...

It was never my thing... though I had my fair share of these social events in schools... what goes on in all these outings? Well, the usual gossips of who's who in school, who bought what and went where for vacation... Your dress is nice, where did you get it from? How did you do for the exams... blah blah... and people like to go on and on about their seemingly achievements... I could never understand the point of all these comparisons... Do these people really care about you or they are just trying to prove something? Are they people with self-esteem problem and they need to show something to make themselves feel better?

Recently, due to the festive periods and the introduction to some new social circles, I was exposed to all these gatherings again... they really reminded me of school... just that now the topics are on jobs, careers, house and marriage... but the scenarios are all the same... competitive people trying to show off their achievements eagerly... hoping to get all the nods of approval from peers and envious stares? Trying to dig out dirt from friends, who's getting rich and successful, who's down and out... it's like a circus... Sometimes, I really find it quite entertaining to watch... like a comedy... yup, I prefer to be a by-stander... because I can't stand all these drama... Why can't people just be self-assured and mind their own business? Or spend their time and brain cells doing something more useful.. hmm probably they really have nothing better to do...

Well, I guess the song "High school never ends" is true... haha...


No comments:

Post a Comment