Monday, June 14, 2010

Passion...

Every year, my mum will start wrapping rice dumplings a week ahead of the dumpling festival... There are so many steps to preparing this seemingly simple dumpling... The preparation like chopping of ingredients takes her at least 3 nights, soaking and washing of the dumpling leaves another 2 nights. Frying up all the ingredients another 1 night... and finally wrapping of the dumplings... 2 whole days!!! It's an amazing feat seeing mum doing all those things... and she does it with such gusto... respect... heh...




Occasionally I like to disturb her by saying "should just buy outside la...so time-consuming and tiring to make..." and she will say..."It's never the same... home-made ones are so much nicer and healthier..." See...that's where I got my "health-nuttiness" from... ;p

Though I like to disturb my mum, I actually find her very inspiring... so passionate with her craft... Why does she do it? Definitely not to pass time... (there are so many other easier things to do to pass time...) It's something she feels passionate with... something she can do to express her love for us... show her gratitude towards her elders and friends...

I think it's important to be passionate and excited with life... it shouldn't be a goal-less journey with mundane daily tasks... doing things simply to pass time or just to earn a living... life would be meaningless like that... I like to spend my time only doing things I like to do... True that I may seem stubborn by not doing something... I just don't believe in wasting my time trying out something that I never like at all... My time could be better spent doing something else I like... No? Oh... and I strongly believe that people do well in things that they like/enjoy doing... and when they do well, they like it more... and the cycle continues... makes sense huh?

People who are excited by life inspires me... They manage to find beauty, adventure and passion in the littlest things: A favourite outfit, a pet's antics or a well-prepared meal... Lust for life keeps every little thing interesting... it's the essence of true happiness...

Why am I writing this? cause I like to express my thoughts with words... I find it rewarding to write...I feel that I have "unloaded" after writing... Bleah... I just like it! =p

No comments:

Post a Comment