Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dystichiphobia

Def: Phobia for the fear of accidents.

It's official... I think I have contracted dystichiphobia.

This morning, I was driving to work...
On the way to the office, I had to make this U-turn in order to turn into my office.
The U-turn is along Upp Bukit Timah Road. As usual, during the morning peak hours, the road is very crowded, so I often have to make use of the yellow box at the U-turn in order to make the turn... So I was at the U-turn, cars were slowing down as the traffic light at the junction turned red... and with the last car passing the yellow box mark, I proceeded to turn into the yellow box... The traffic light was still red... so my car stayed in the yellow box in an awkward "just-turned" position... waiting for the lights to turn green then I can move ... Just then, this huge truck came racing towards the yellow box at high speed... I saw it coming, and I started to panic... I was in the yellow box and there's nowhere for me to escape to! I turned and looked at the traffic light...it was still RED! Why isn't the truck slowing down?! My heart was pumping so quickly... I felt scared... I don't want to be involved in another car accident... :S

Of course... nothing happened since I'm writing this now... The traffic light turned green and I sped off with the truck close behind me... The idiot driver probably anticipated the green light and couldn't be bothered to step on the brakes!

I think this is such a common scenario... all truck drivers are like that... The thing is... I don't think I will find it scary last time... Oh no... I think I'm traumatized by the car accident I was involved in recently... :(

Bleah... I hope I get over this soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment